Monday, March 24, 2008

Who wrote the book of love?





I have been single for 4 years now. The last time I had a date was almost 2 years ago; and there are numerous people waiting in line for a booty call. Well I’m not about that. I get tired of man always calling and only wanting sex. Don’t get me wrong, I am in my primes but I have never been a girl to be just a booty call, it’s just not my style. For the past I can’t even remember how many years, everyone has said, oh oh, you will find someone when the time is right. Well hell, when is the time going be right? I am 31 years old, very stable and I by no means think I am ugly. I don’t think I am a play boy bunny or anything but who wants one of those anyway? They never have any depth to them. In the past few months I have start to crave dating. What am I going do become and old wench with cats all over the place? That’s not my style either. I am ready to find someone to go have fun with and actually establish some sort of relationship/companionship.
So my question is. Where does one find someone to date? I refuse to find someone at a bar. All of my friends do not have any single friends, yes I am getting to the age where people just aren’t single very often anymore. I could speed date but that costs about $50.00 plus drinks and such. I honestly don’t have that kind of money to put forth with no guaranteed results. I have tried a personals website which I am really not to keen to because well people lie, and I have never ever seen any kinds of results there as well.

So this leaves me not knowing what the hell to do. What do other people do? I do not visit the laundry mat, besides, no offense here honestly, to find someone at the laundry mat, well, I won’t even go into that. When I’m at the grocery store, I do not pay attention to people; I pay attention to getting the hell outta there, that is the LAST place I want to meet a man. So there you have my dating dilemma in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Cakes by Combs said...

book club, church, definitely not bingo...hmmmm. are you sure about websites. my dad met his wife at one and his g/f before her....i met steve at the bar so that's not much help! :)

Jamie said...

Yeah well I have completely given up on the dating game. who needs it right?

Cakes by Combs said...

You've been tagged by my blog!

www.cakesbycombs.blogspot.com