Friday, March 31, 2006

New Family Member..

My spouse and I of nine years split almost a year ago. Actaully to be precise, it was exactly a year today. That's not the point though. As I have posted earlier we had a child. A two year old French Mastiff named Maya. I have missed her tremendously over the last year.
Since I became a sinlge entity I have been a little lonely at times and go to my borther's to visit his animals. 3 cats and 2 dogs. I also had a roomie that had two cats. Thus the first real introduction to a cats life. I can't say that I took to them immediatly, but I did come around after a few months. I have always been a dog lover more than a cat lover. About three weeks ago my brother took me "shopping" at the local pet house. He wanted to buy me a cat. Now honestly, I did not want a cat, I wanted a dog. I'm not home often enough to take care of a dog working two jobs. At the same time couldn't really tell him NO, heck he was more excited about it than I! Life with my very own cat had begun. Let me tell you, I thought raising a hard headed extra large breed dog from puppyhood was challening enough, but a cat? They say that cats are less work, more independant! HA! Not mine! God love him, he has almost put me at my witts end numerous times! Since I don't know much about cats maybe I should buy the Dummies Kitten book. This cat LOVES electrical appliances plugged in or not! I can not keep him away from electric cords, keys, earrings, etc. I know they love dangly things, some of these things are not dangly! What is the deal? I did have him declawed. I know MANY of you frown upon this but I simply can not have this cat tearing up my new furniture, I don't want to have to lock him in a room all day. What would be the point of having him? I am also not used to the nocturnal nature of these beings. When I am ready for bed he is full of piss and vinegar! He reminds me of a spider monkey on crack (not that I really know how that would be)!! I have gotten a little used to it though. I do love him more and more each day. He is there to greet me when I get home and is always happy to love on me. In fact he is sitting around my neck watching me type as we speak.
I wish I had a digital camera so that I could post a cute little picture of him. He is real a doll (when he's asleep). His name is Diesel and was born November 28, 2005. So yes I am dealing with a geniune kitten. He got his name from his motor. He sounds just like a diesel engine running constantly. The only time his motor is not running is when he is sleeping heavy or playing hard, other than that, you can hear him at the other end of the house.



It has actaully been a pretty good day today. I have yet to play any jokes though. I worked from 9 to 5. As soon as I got off I started calling various people with jokes I wanted to play, no one answered! Go figure.

What are some good jokes you have played on April fools day? Or a joke that has been played on you? I LOVE jokes....

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Greetings, Jamie. I followed your link from Michele's, and am glad I did.

I haven't played any jokes on anyone yet - and I probably won't. It's too obvious on April 1st. I'd rather wait till another day, then spring it on 'em!

We put our cat down a year ago this week. Your entry makes me want to adopt another one: I miss our furry little man.