Thursday, March 02, 2006

Realization of others perspectives


So I'm at my mother's house the other night and she hands me this calendar and says, "I thought of you when I saw this so I just HAD to get it!" I asked her, " So..... what you got this because you think I am a geek?!?" Her responce was, "Well? Aren't you?"
Ok I guess MAYBE a little but come on, you don't have to buy me stuff that tags me as a geek. I have not quite figured out where I am going to hang this calendar yet, in deepest corner of the basement or at work.
Do I think I am a geek? Well not really but maybe a little, I have never been one to really care what people think to much, and do have some unique styles and tastes, but does that really make you a geek? How do you truly define whether one is a geek?

I am taking my National Certification for Massage and Therapeutic Bodywork next Saturday. I'm not afraid to admit that this will be the second time I am taking it. I have finally come to terms with my first failure (it was a failure by 1 question), moved on, and am ready to conquer the second test. I think it might help just slightly that I am actually studying for this one. That is one reason I have not launched this site a little better, I am trying to do something productive with my brain instead of sitting in front of the computer 12 hours a day..........

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Admitting you are a geek is the first step to a more happier, healthier, geekier you!

You have to love mothers! :)

I am looking into the answers to your questions about the blog. Good luck with your second test!

Carl V. Anderson said...

We have got to get together next week to see if I can help you do what you want with your blog!

WendyWings said...

I saw this calender at the mall and I don't think it is an insult at all. Michele sent me tonight.

Jamie said...

I have grown to LOVE this calendar. I look at it daily and smile. Thanks!