Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Vision Crystal

Above is a picture of my latest tattoo creation. I want to thank Brian at
Bleeding Heart Tattoo for the wonderful artwork and dedication to this project. It took about 7 to 8 hours in all to complete this piece and let me tell you, it is beautiful. I have around 8 tattoos including this one from various artist around Kansas City and I will never go anywhere else again. This piece has been finished since mid to late February but it still needed some touch-ups.

It had been almost a month since I had been in the shop so Friday evening I decided to give Brian a call to see if we could find a time for me to come in and get the piece completely finished. He then told me some wonderful news! The shop was making a commercial and Brian wanted to use MY artwork in the commercial! The bad thing was that it was on Monday afternoon during work hours. I decided I would take off work anyhow and join the party. This is going to be my 15 seconds of fame! (Not that I have actually ever wanted to be on TV).
I arrived at the shop around 11:40 AM on Monday. There were a total of 12 people who were to be in the shoot. It was a blast! My part of the commercial was to be sitting there while Brian was giving me a tattoo. I really hope that my part is not that long because they say that the camera adds 10 lbs and I don’t need the added help trust me. Anyhow, while shooting the commercial, the camera crew asked if they could use a little footage because they were making their own commercial. This was for a contest a local rock station is putting on. 98.9 The Rock. They wanted a shot of someone really getting a tattoo. Well that would have been me because Brian was going to do the touch ups after the Bleeding Heart shoot. So I am now going to be in 2 commercials. I think that kinda rocks!

The first commercial, airing for Bleeding Heart will be shown on both TLC and A&E, during Miami Ink and Inked. The second commercial is for the radio contest. You can log on to 98.9 The Rock and vote for your favorite commercial after April 12. I will have a post up closer to that time and a link for you to visit and vote on the best commercial, which hopefully will be the one I am in. _______________________________

Now about me. I do apologize for the month delay in writing. I have suffered from various illnesses the past month. I am currently out of work with severe bronchitis. I went to the doc on Monday and she informed me that if I had not gotten in that day I could have gotten walking pneumonia. I thought to myself, well if you had not been vacationing on a sunny beach on Friday, when I originally tried to come, I would not be this bad off! Docs! Gotta love em....

I am still trying to figure out the basics of this blogging thing and it really frustrates me when I try to post something and have no idea what I am doing. I thought at one time I was a little computer savvy, but I am beginning to think otherwise. Please bear with me.

It is my last day off work and I am feeling much better, the weather outside is supposed to hit the 70 degree mark today. I am going to see what kind of trouble I can get into on a day like this.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Comment to everyone. I tried the links in the middle of the post and I know they do not open a new page when you click on them. Hopefully I will have figured out how to link correctly soon!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I hope next week gives us some time to work on this for you. Cool tattoo! That's awesome that you got to be in two commercials, I'll try to catch one of the shows to check them out. Don't forget that Michele's weekend visit thing is a good way to meet new blog readers. Hope you have a healthly, relaxing weekend.

Jamie said...

I will let you know when I get my 1 second of stardom draws near!

Thumper said...

Wow...that is beautiful!

Here via Michele's :)