Monday, September 10, 2007

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Book Review




Happy Potter and The Deathly Hollows
By J.K. Rowling

I have never wrote a book review before, this is my first time writing one so please bear with me while I try to wile through this.

The seventh and last Happy Potter book was anxiously anticipated by so many people. I must give J.K. Rowling 2 thumbs up for all that she has put into this project. It had been more than a year since I had read the sixth HP book, but I had no trouble catching up on current events.

This book will not let you down one bit. It was a rollercoaster ride until the very end. It lets you actually feel the ups and down the characters in the book are going through. There were times I wanted to cry and times I had to laugh. A lot of books are not like this for me. Many people thought this latest Harry Potter expedition would let them down. In my eyes it did not do any such thing.

In this book Rowling does a wonderful job in the bringing to fruition the difference between Harry’s childhood and his becoming an adult. This book also has a more adult writing style. In all previous books Harry goes through many trials and tribulations with the guidance of many people. In this book Harry still has a little guidance but is not so dependant upon the people he surrounds himself with. Lessons within the book are fantastically written who is evil, who is not. It answers many questions we readers have been wondering throughout the series.

At the start of this book I feared the worst for the ending; however about ¾ of the way through the book it takes a very sharp turn of unexpected events while placing so many little tidbits in place. I had to stop a few times due to amazement of what I had just read. These events in the last half of the book impacted me like I was reading about my family.

I would highly recommend if you have not started the Harry experience to now embark on a wonderful ride. This series of books will impact this generation of readers like Lord of the Rings did so many of my generation.

6 comments:

DesLily said...

I doubt you will get anyone ever saying they didn't like the HP books! The sadness comes when one knows they no longer have these characters to look forward to.

Jamie said...

Thank you Delily. :)
I actually do know I few people who could not get into them, of course I think that a little odd, but I guess some poeple do not have the stamina for a series that long.

Janet said...

These were the first "young adult" books I fell in love with as a much older reader (I was in my 40s when I discovered Harry Potter). As you can tell by the name of my blog, I'm a big fan!

Jamie said...

Janet I have been to your site a few times. I do enjoy it, I don't have a lot of time but I have visited, the name is what attracted me to your blog.
When I first visited your site I was still on the fence about my feelings for Snape. The books gave you so many mixed emotions from this man one chapter I would love him, the next hate him. All I can say now is that I deeply resepct his character. Thanks for the comment!

Framed said...

Great review. I would never take you as a beginner. I loved this book as well and I will miss the anticipation of the "next" Harry Potter book. I plan to re-read the whole series soon.

Cakes by Combs said...

the only disappointment is knowing that was the last HP book :(